I’ve been trying to live in denial about cancer crap lately in an attempt to save some semblance of sanity, but it’s getting to where I can’t keep ignoring it. Normally I’d have a full plan to deal with each issue but I really just don’t want to think or deal with any of it.
- July – MRI report notes a metastasis on my liver
- September – everything starts falling apart at F-bomb’s preschool
- October – follow up scan confirms the metastasis; all hell breaks loose at preschool, push off January appointment with Woltering to February
- January – new preschool, my body starts crashing but I write it off as just being exhausted from the preschool drama, push February appointment to March
- February – the complete exhaustion doesn’t get better, cue the flushing to start again, cancel Woltering appointment instead of playing the rescheduling game
- March – MRI reports a second metastasis on my liver… “in retrospect” the second spot was on the October scan but they missed it in the report… great news for someone who has trust issues with false negatives
- Keep on keepin’ on with the Lanreotide butt darts
- December labs (almost time for March labs… like I said… denial)
- See new doctor about my hip – my doctor moved out of state, the second joint injection isn’t nearly as effective as the first and yet another round of PT isn’t helping. Surgery has a crazy long recovery and doesn’t always fix the instability and pain. After 5 years I’m almost frustrated enough to just ask for a full hip replacement. My body thinks it’s 70 anyway. I’m going to ask for another MRI to compare the tear to 15 months ago to see if there’s any change and figure out a gameplan from there.
But first, a nap.